Saturday 3 March 2012

New Age UK piece


My tutors didn't feel my screen prints were strong enough to go in the age uk book so I've had to re-do it. I'm actually really sad about this. Not just because I was proud of my screen prints but more because I don't feel like this is my work. I think it looks kind of cool with the colours but it just sort of happened and looks a bit of a mess. I don't think it will look good printed either. I think I'd probably be ok with it if it weren't for the vignette it was going with (see a few posts below). I think that it's a really terrible drawing and the two don't fit together at all. I've had pretty bad reactions when showing people the new work too and some terrible ones from the vignette so I think a lot of the exitement from being in my first publication is gone. I will hopefully learn from this experience even if the lesson is just to be able to draw people better.

No comments:

Post a Comment